Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick


If you haven't been living under a rock, you know who Anna Kendrick is. And if you've seen her interviews on the red carpet, talk shows, and in magazines, then you know that she is absolutely, certifiably HILARIOUS. And her novel, Scrappy Little Nobody, is no exception. It's hilarious. Kendrick has written a handful of personal essays about her childhood, trying to make it in L.A., auditions, movies, romance, sex, etc. 

Ever since this book was announced, I have been looking forward to reading it. Needless to say, I bought it the day that it came out. And I wasn't disappointed. I've always loved Anna as an entertainer, but I feel like, underneath that snarky comments and the hilarious remarks, I felt like I got to know Anna the person, not Anna the celebrity. And I have to say, I really, really, really like her. She has the personality of the kind of person that would be my closest friend. Despite the fact that, you know, she's 31 and I'm 16... 

I adored this book, and even though it's not directed at teens, I was able to relate to a lot of the stories she told. And also, with everything going on in our country right now, I was able to forget about all my worries and just allow myself to be entertained. 

Oh, and definitely read the discussion questions ;). 

4.5/5 Stars.

Check out Scrappy Little Nobody here!

No comments:

Post a Comment