Wednesday, July 13, 2016

The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson



I received this book as an ARC before it came out, but because I loved it so much, I decided to reread this book, this time with the finished hardcover copy.

I am embarassed to say that I haven't read any of Morgan Matson's other books (I will be reading Since You've Been Gone and Amy and Roger's Epic Detour this month, though) but I was perusing goodreads and came across this book and it sounded like my cup of tea. Plus, the cover is gorgeous!

The Unexpected Everything follows a girl by the name of Andie. Andie is the daughter of a famous/prominent U.S. congressman, and she has everything in her life planned out meticulously, particularly her summer. This summer, Andie is doing a pre-med program at Johns Hopkins university, but her dad gets caught up in a political scandal and Andie is rejected from the program. Now she has to deal with her dad on a daily basis, and she has nothing to do, so she takes a job walking dogs. She also meets a really cute boy named Clark, and she learns not only to embrace, but expect the unexpected.

I adored this book. I loved the snipets of pages from A Murder of Crows that was included in this book. I kind of hope that Morgan will go full on Rainbow and do a Carry On type of book. What's interesting about this book, and I did not know this until after I had read the book and I watched ReadbyZoe's review of this book that I found out that all of Morgan's books take place in the town of Stanwich, Connecticut, and while all of her books are standalones, characters from, for example, Since You've Been Gone make appearances in The Unexpected Everything, which I think is super cool. I also loved all of Andie's friends and the relationship she had with them. If you've read the book, Toby was my favorite character :). 

The Unexpected Everything was definitely one of my favorite books of 2016!

Check out Morgan Matson's website here .

Check out The Unexpected Everything on Goodreads here.

No comments:

Post a Comment