Friday, July 15, 2016

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares



My mother read these books years ago, when I was pretty young and she still actually read books. She LOVED them. She said she couldn't wait for the next book to come out. I was surprised when I read this book that she had loved it so much, because it's not historical (her type of genre) and there isn't anything remarkably special about them. I am surprised that it took a recommendation from readbyzoe for me to pick this up. Now, on to the review.

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is about four friends, Carmen, Bridget, Tibby and Lena. They have been best friends since they were babies, and this is the first summer that they are spending apart. They find a pair of jeans that fits each of them perfectly, despite their vastly different body types. They decide to have adventures in the pants and to periodically send the pants to each other over the course of the summer.

I really liked this book. Unfortunately, I can't really see why my mom loved thee books as much as she did based on her favorite genres, but I still liked the book nonetheless. It was a fun and quick read, but sad enough that I actually cried at one point. I definitely will read the next three (technically four) I just don't know when. I will say that I'm not sure if I liked this book as much as I liked Ann Brashares's more recent standalone, The Here and Now, but I definitely really liked this book and am looking forward to seeing the movie (too bad it's not on Netflix anymore) and reading the sequels. 

4/5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment