Sunday, July 17, 2016

An Author's Odyssey by Chris Colfer



This is probably my favorite middle grade series. This book was phenomenal! These books just keep getting better and better, it's kind of crazy. I LOVED the first book, and they just kept getting better and better. If you have not read the first four books in this series, I don't recommend reading the rest of this review. All you need to know is you NEED to go pick them up right now.

An Author's Odyssey begins where Beyond the Kingdoms left off. I really liked that in the prologue something interesting is revealed, and that is that Mrs. Peters has knowledge of the fairy tale world. An Author's Odyssey follows Alex and Connor as they travel into Connor's short stories in order to recruit an army to fight the literary villains (and witches, they just don't know it yet). All of the characters are based on people of the fairy tale world; Auburn Sally on Goldilcoks and the Cyborg Queen on Red. I thought it was hilarious that Red was convinced Auburn Sally was based on her, despite the fact that physically she was identical to Goldilocks, just with a different hair color. I would have to say that Starboardia (Auburn Sally's story) and The Ziblings were my favorites of Connor's stories. I wished they tried to get Charlie/Froggy out of the mirror. He was only mentioned when Red said she wished he was there to see Goldilocks and Jack's baby. That was kind of disappointing. Oh, and those book huggers. I don't need to describe them. 

5/5 Stars, and definitely on my list of favorite books of 2016.

Check out The Land of Stories website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment