Saturday, June 11, 2016

The Amateurs by Sara Shepard



Sara Shepard has a new book coming out this November, and low and behold, it is filled with tons of murder and mystery!

I love Sara Shepard! I read the books of Pretty Little Liars before the show was a big phenomenon, and I loved them, so I have continued to read all of Sara's books, including The Lying Game series, The Perfectionists series and The Heiresses. They are all eerily similar, but for some reason the concept of it never gets old. Sara really knows how to write a great mystery. Needless to say, I devoured this ARC. 

The Amateurs follows a group of kids who meet on a crime-solving website/forum and band together to solve a murder. Aerin, Maddy, Seneca, and Brent come together to solve the murder of Aerin's older sister Helena, who was murdered. It was a typical Sara Shepard book, but I devoured it nonetheless.

There were a lot of exciting twists and turns that happened in this book, and a lot of them I totally was not anticipating AT ALL, and I really appreciated it. I also really enjoyed the concept of this book. If you love PLL, or any of Sara's books, you will love this book, and if you haven't read any of Sara's other books and/or you haven't watched Pretty Little Liars (season premiere is June 21st on Freeform) but love mysteries, you should definitely pick up this book come November. I would give this book a 4.95/5 stars.

Grade: A

Check out The Amateurs on Goodreads here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment