Saturday, June 11, 2016

Runied by Amy Tintera



Recently, I just finished a fantasy book (the first in a trilogy) by Amy Tintera. Ruined follows a girl named Em who is one of the Ruined. The Ruined are humans that have special magical abilities, and all the non-Ruined have made it their mission to exterminate them. Em is a Ruined without any magical capabilities, which has made her somewhat of an outsider, but she is out for revenge when her entire family, including her mother, the Ruined queen, are killed and her younger sister Olivia is abducted. Em decides to impersonate a princess from another kingdom who is set to marry Cas, the prince of the kingdom responsible for killing her family. She plans to enact her revenge from this advantageous position, but no surprise, she starts to develop feelings for Cas and begins to question her desire for revenge. 

Overall, I enjoyed this book. I was expecting to be completely blown away by it (I got this impression from Margot from Epic Reads) but I really wasn't. It was good, and it was a nice quick read, but I just wasn't blown away by it, and I have been blown away by a lot of books recently. That being said, if you love fantasy, I would definitely pick up this book. I, however, would give Ruined a 3.5/5 stars. 

Check out Ruined on Goodreads here:



No comments:

Post a Comment