Thursday, June 9, 2016

New York Times: By the Book Tag

I first watched Jessethereader enact this tag, and he tagged anyone who would like to do the tag, so I thought it would be fun if I took a shot at it!

#1:

What book is currently on your nightstand?

Well, a) I don't have a nightstand because I have a loft bed, so I have this pocket thing that I stick books in and b) right now, I'm reading the book that would normally be on my nightstand, so... If I were sleeping, the book on my "nightstand" would be Tumbling by Caela Carter. 

#2:

What is the last truly great book you read?

That is a really hard one. I have read a lot of truly great books lately, so I would have to narrow it down to The Lovely Reckless, The Thousandth Floor, and A Court of Mist and Fury. I'm going to go with The Thousandth Floor because the story and the writing was just so unique; you read about a different conceptual view of the future then you would read about in books such as Divergent and The Hunger Games and I found it to be absolutely exceptional.



#3:

If you could meet any writer, dead or alive, who would it be and what would you want to know from them?

Uh, J.K. Rowling of course! She's my all-time favorite author and it was her books that really got me into reading. We would honestly just sit and talk about all things Harry Potter and other books that we are reading. 

#4:

What book might we be surprised to find on your bookshelf?

Nothing. I read everything. But if I had Fifty Shades of Grey on my bookshelf (which I don't) you would probably be surprised to find it there. 

#5: 

How do you organize your personal library?

So, my shelves are all over the place; I have a handful attached to my bed, a small nightstand shelf next to my bed, a white shelf next to my desk, and a closet full of shelves. So the book on the shelves on my bed and the white shelf all contain books that are a part of a series as well as my ARCs. And all the books in my closet are books that are not a part of a series, but I do group books by the same author together (i.e. John Green). I also have my fashion books and my political books on these shelves. And then the nightstand thing with the shelf is where I keep biographies and memoirs. 

#6:

What book have you always meant to read but just never gotten around to?

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir. I have no idea why I haven't read this book: Everyone seems to love this book, but for some reason I just haven't gotten around to reading it. But I know that when I read it, I will love it. I am planning to read it this summer. 

#7:

Disappointing, overrated, just not good: What book did you feel like you were supposed to like but just didn't:

Fallen by Lauren Kate. I heard a lot of good things about this series, and I know they were filming the movie (what happened to that? Shouldn't it have come out like, a year ago?) and I always like to read books that are going to have a movie adaptation if I haven't already read them. But I really just didn't like this book.


#8:

What kinds of stories are you drawn to and what types of stores do you tend to stay clear of?

I love fantasy, particularly retellings of fairy tales. I also love books with princes and princesses in them (like The Selection). I tend to steer clear of paranormal in general (including paranormal romance, which, by the way, might explain why I didn't really like Fallen... but I loved Twilight and the Vampire Academy series, so...), it's just not my thing. 

#9: If you could require the President to read one book, what would it be?

What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler. With all the work President Obama has done with combatting sexual assault, such as creating the It's On Us organization, I think he would really appreciate this book and hand it off to his daughters and try to convince other young readers to read it.  Combatting sexual assault also has a really personal meaning for me; Plus, I loved this book, so that's an added bonus.

So there you have it, the New York Times: By the Book Tag. I now tag any of you who wish to do this tag!

No comments:

Post a Comment