Wednesday, June 1, 2016

June TBR!!!!

It's June!!!!! School gets out this month, which means I will have a lot of time to read (assuming I don't slack and watch Netflix all day or a Law & Order: SVU marathon). So my June TBR is VERY ambitious, and I don't expect to get through all of them. I have allotted a total of 12 books, and without further adieu, here they are!

The first book for my June TBR is the book I am currently reading write now...

The Amateurs by Sara Shepard


I am super excited to read this book! I love Sara Shepard's books; they tend to be pretty similar but they are addicting nonetheless. Basically, this book follows a small group of teens and youn adults who meet on a crime-solving website, and they come together, to solve the murder of a teenage girl.
UPDATE: READ 

Heartless by Marissa Meyer


Heartless is a retelling of Alice in Wonderland. I love retellings and I love Alice in Wonderland and I love Marissa Meyer, so I cannot wait to read this book. It is a standalone, and it tells the story of the Queen of Hearts. It should be a really interesting retelling, as I'm guessing it doesn't have a happy ending... I'm really looking forward to reading this. 


Ruined by Amy Tintera


I don't know too much about this book, but Kiera Cass blurbed it and it has princes and princesses in it, so I'm sold! Margot from Epic Reads also loved it!
UPDATE: READ


Dreamology by Lucy Keating


This book has an interesting concept. Basically we follow a girl who has dreams about this boy, and they go on all types of adventures together and they are madly in love. But one day, the boy walks into her classroom and he is anything but the boy from her dreams.

Traitor Angels by Anne Blankman 


I don't know too much about what this book is about, but it's supposed to be historical, and I absolutely loved Anne Blankman's Prisoner of Night and Fog which you can check out here.


My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows 


This book looks AWESOME. It's written by three different authors, and it is supposed to be a hilarious alternate history/retelling of Lady Jane Grey's life. I love British monarchial history, so this book is right up my alley and I can't wait to read it!

The Marked Girl by Lindsey Klingele


I don't know the exact summary of this book, but I think it follows a group of characters from a magical world who slip through some type of portal and into our world. The Booksplosion crew were the stars of the book's trailor, which you can check out here


Unrivaled by Alyson Noel 



Don't know too much about this book, but it follows Hollywood starlets and it has a mystery involved, so it sounds like my kind of book!


Tumbling by Caela Carter


I love gymnastics, so this book looks like it is write up my alley! It follows a handful of characters over the course of two days during the olympic team trials. 
UPDATE: READ 


Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff


Illuminae was such a special and cool book, and it's sequel, Gemina, was probably the book I most wanted to get at BookCon, and I did, and I plan on reading it this month. If you haven't read Illuminae yet, I will leave you to figure out what it's all about.


Original Fake by Kirstin Cronn-Mills


I don't know too much about this book, but it has tons of comic book panels and illustrations, so I thought I would give it a try!


The Trials of Apollo: The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan



I am super-excited to read this book! I loved the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series, so of course I am excited to read this. The Hidden Oracle follows our main character Apollo (the God) who is cast out of Olympus and made mortal as a punishment by his father Zeus, and he now has to attempt to get back in his father's good graces. This sounds awesome, and I have heard a lot of good things about it. But beware, if you have not completed the Heroes of Olympus series, this book will spoil it for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment