Monday, May 30, 2016

May Wrap-Up!



It is the end of May and I read a total of 6 books this month! May was a very good reading month and so many books came out this month that I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who went broke. I did not read all of the books I got, but I did read some. And I will have the whole summer to read so hopefully I will get to the other 20+ books I got in May but did not read. Soooo, on to the wrap-up...

The first book I read in the month of May was:

The Crown by Kiera Cass 


This was probably my most anticipated book of 2016, as I am a HUGE Selection fan and this was the final book and I was dying to find out what was going to happen. I really enjoyed The Crown, I thought it was a nice finish to an amazing series. Was it as good as The One, which was supposed to be the last book in the series? Probably not. But it was definitely better that The Heir, which I was somewhat disappointed by. I also liked Eadlyn a lot better in The Crown than I did in the heir; in The Heir, she was a really whiney little bratty princess, and I really did not like her. I also did not understand where that snotty personality came from because both of her parents (Maxon and America) are anything but. But that is beside the point. The Crown did not end how I thought it was going to end (meaning I didn't expect Eadlyn to pick who she did) but the ending was still good. Because this was the final book in one of my favorite series', and it didn't disappoint me, I gave it a 5/5 stars on Goodreads, even though it probably deserved a 4/5 stars. I will talk about The Crown in its entirety complete with spoilers in an upcoming review. 

The next book I read was:

A History of Notable Shadowhunters & Denizens of Downworld told in the Language of Flowers by Cassandra Clare and Cassandra Jean



This book was fun! The images (by Cassandra Jean) were pretty amazing, but that being said, it's not a novel, so there wasn't a lot of depth to it. But if you are a die-hard Shadowhunter, this book is totally for you. You can purchase it here

I then read: 

Unscripted Joss Byrd by Lygia Day PeƱaflor


This was a good book. It was a really nice story and a very quick read. I didn't LOVE it and there wasn't anything particularly special about it, so I will give it a solid B. This book follows a young girl by the name of Joss Byrd, and she is a famous child actor filming her new movie that deals with a difficult subject matter. I was surprised that Joss was as young as she was (12) because you don't really read too many YA books with 12-year-olds as the main character. Fun fact: Lygia Day Penaflor is a tutor/teacher for child stars! I would give this book a B+/B. 

After that, I read:

The Lovely Reckless by Kami Garcia


I ADORED this book! It was phenomenal! I did a full review on this book which you can check out here

Then:

The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee


This book was PHENOMENAL!!! I think Katharine and I have become pretty good social media friends through my praise of this book that comes out in August... Read all about my thoughts on The Thousandth Floor here

Lastly:

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas 

This book was OUT. OF. THIS. WORLD. AMAZING!!!!! Read all about why here


Annnd that concludes my May wrap-up. Stay tuned for more reviews and my June TBR...

No comments:

Post a Comment