Sunday, May 29, 2016

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas



OMG!!!! A Court of Mist and Fury was AMAZING!!!! Sarah J. Maas certainly knows how to write a sequel (Crown of Midnight was probably even better than Throne of Glass, which was pretty darn good itself) and this certainly was no exception. While the first book brought up comparisons to Beauty and the Beast, I found that this book loosely, VERY loosely, I loved this book, it was great, it made my "Best Books of 2016" shelf on Goodreads, and it was better than the first book which was also AMAZING. So if you haven't read A Court of Mist and Fury (or A Court of Thorns and Roses for that matter), this is all you need to know because what I will be talking about next contains SPOILERS.

So, I was a little nervous going into this book because the first book basically set up a love triangle or the equivalent, and I was anticipating that it was going to happen, bit I was NOT happy about it because I really liked Feyre and Tamlin together. I thought that they were, like, literary soulmates. But Tamlin became the opposite of the man he was in A Court of Thorns and Roses, or we (the readers) were exposed to that side of Tamlin that had always been there but that hadn't been exposed or elaborated on. Anyways, Tamlin was a total jerk in this book. Worse than a jerk after what he did to Feyre. Tam: When a lady tells you to leave her alone, LEAVE HER ALONE. DO NOT make an alliance with an evil king who is the reason you were cursed for 49 years to try to essentially recapture a girl who you are in love with, a girl you let down, a girl who just wants you to LEAVE HER THE HELL ALONE. Now that that is off my chest... Sarah J. Maas really did a great job in providing writing that was so elaborate and convincing that she managed to convince the reader to fall in love with Rhys just as Feyre did. Can we all just acknowledge how STEAMY this book was for a few seconds? 'Nuff said... read and you will see! Back to Feyre and Rhys: I love that they are mates, I think they are perfect together, and I cannot wait for their story to continue in the next (last?) book which I NEED RIGHT NOW. But anyways, I loved the Night Court and Velaris and all that. I also thought that the story that Rhys told Feyre before she accepted their mating bond was exceptionally detailed and the story elements were out-of-this world amazing! Plus, the story about Miryam? Anyone else find that sorta kinda fascinating? To conclude: 5/5 stars, A+, 100% to A Court of Mist and Fury. And if you've read A Court of Thorns and Roses but haven't had the chance to pick up A Court of Mist and Fury, go do yourself a favor and purchase it; I guarantee that you will DEVOUR it. And if you haven't had the chance to pick up the first book, A Court of Thorns and Roses, go pick it up. You, to, will DEVOUR it. 

Grade: A+


Check it out on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26073150-a-court-of-mist-and-fury

Visit the lovely Sarah J. Maas on her website: http://sarahjmaas.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment